Tuesday, November 08, 2005

How can I tell my wife?

“I have come for HIV test and I’m waiting for result. I’ve been having some illness and the doctor is unsure what it is so he advised the test. I am a married man with 2 small children. I know AIDS kills people, and I know that it can be transmitted through sex. My society holds a lot of stigma about HIV & AIDS. My wife is a strong, educated lady, but she won’t speak of HIV. People who have HIV lose respect, and their family and friends can desert them. They will lose their job. Nobody knows I am having the test. My mind is having torment while I think of what might happen. I will see the doctor and get my result tomorrow and I will hold my secret until then. But if I am positive…. how can I tell my wife?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home