Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Do Ants Sleep?

There is a steady stream of ants scurrying across the wall in my kitchen, from the window to a hole by the sink. They are traveling in the morning when I eat my breakfast, in the afternoon when I return from work, in the evening when I eat my dinner, and during the night when I need to collect more water. Do ants ever sleep? Shift sleeping I suppose, but I can’t find their house. Interesting.

They don’t swim that’s for sure. For some reason, a few of these pesky ants deviate from their creepy-crawlie motorway and head Kettle-bound. Why? I’ve no idea. Maybe they are thirsty and are health conscious enough to only drink boiled water? I’d say though that risk of drowning in boiling water far outweighs any health benefits. Maybe those ants have sinned and it’s their anty version of bubbling hell. Maybe I need to stop thinking about ants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home