Monday, December 12, 2005

Creepy Crawlies

I really was very brave. I had a shower with Golliath the Cockroach peering down from right above me. I admit I had a bit of a crick in my neck from checking that he wasn’t preparing to launch himself on my head, but I held my composure well. My task of courage completed for the day I went outside to find my neighbour and frequent rescuer from tricky situations.

Me: There is a GIANT cockroach in my bathroom and it doesn’t seem in a hurry to move.
Neighbour: Oh! You want me to catch it?
Me: I don’t think you can. (my ceiling is very high and they move very fast as I found out when I tried to drop a bucket on it’s head)
Neighbour: (Giggle) I can. Let me kill it for you.
He comes into my bathroom
Neighbour: Ok, I see him!
Me: That’s because he’s a giant.
Neighbour: Nooooo. This one is small. You’ll see. They come much bigger than this.

Joy.

I hope my resident geckos hurry up and grow so that they can stop hiding in my towel and start eating cockroaches. Bleurgh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home