Sunday, December 04, 2005

Guara Falls

A beautiful lazy Sunday at the beach! Guara Falls is about an hours drive from Abuja, and is a stunning location. In typical me fashion I forgot my camera, so let me describe it: there’s water, lots of it and it’s falling over rocks. Not feeling particularly descriptive today so perhaps I should endeavor to go again with my camera. Anyhow, below the falls are little pools, bordered by strong currents that sweep you swiftly downstream if you’re not careful. While they are not to be messed with, the currents did reassure me that the risk of bilharzia was minimal. We spent a lovely chilled couple of hours there, picnicking and floating around, trying to avoid the fishing lines that were being planted by a man floating belly down on a giant calabash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home