Monday, May 08, 2006

A Friend Indeed….

I just had a wonderful flying visit from a friend. She brought me the most recent Marie Clare, the June issue of Glamour, a new bag, and a giant packet of Twix’s. I got a night in the Sheraton, and she let me take the free soaps and hot-chocolate sachets. We went for dinner, we chatted, she filled me in with news from home. I couldn’t have asked for more.

And how did I entertain her?

What did I do?

Took her to work, paraded her around, made her walk to my house at midday, made her assist me in a workshop (holding up posters of the female reproductive system), marched her up a bushy mountain in the steaming afternoon heat, dragged her to a bush-bar, then finished her off with the noisiest smokiest fish bar in Abuja.

All in one day.

I am a true beast.

But I think she enjoyed herself! (??!?!?!?!?!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home