Monday, August 07, 2006

Preaching

Yesterday, while waiting for Marebec, I found myself listening to a nearby church service. The preacher was busy addressing his flock, peppering his sermon with token attempts at encouraging participation; ‘Am I getting to somebody?........ Is somebody hearing me?.....’.

He was warning them about change in relationships; ‘She who walks like a cat today, walks bent and crooked tomorrow…’, and, urging the congregation not to choose looks as the basis of a relationship, he decided to further illustrate his point; ‘An eighteen year old may have pointed breasts today, but when she reach 45 years, the things have sagged….’

I didn’t get to hear if he continued beyond physical change, my attention-span stamina couldn’t hold me to his lecture for long enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home