Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Na Wow! Rain fall-o!

Na wow! Plenty rain fall for Kubwa today-o!

The sky looked thunderous, but I didn’t believe it would actually break on our heads. Rita and I were on the way home, when suddenly she looked behind, yelled and started to run. I dared a glimpse backwards and saw the rain literally hammering along the path towards us. I don't think I've ever been chased down a path by rain before!

Big fat juicy rain.

It were brill! A real tropical downpour: turning the path into a swirling torrent in seconds. Afterwards the air was so cool and refreshing. The place actually looked beautiful. With all the harmattan dust washed away I even saw rocks and hills I never knew existed!

The weather here is behaving oddly. It’s not supposed to rain until April, but it has. It’s not supposed to be this hot yet, but it is (40degrees in Abuja recently).

Curiouser and curiouser....

And now someone has informed me that the real hot spell is still to come. Oh wilt...