Thursday, February 16, 2006

Yet Another Pest...

It was the usual morning shouting waking me out of my zzzzz, nothing out of the ordinary, but all of a sudden my mind was alert. Someone was running. Two people were running. There was a scrabbling and a bash at my door, and I could see a small shadow scurrying back and forth.

“Aunty Kate! Don’t open your door-o!”
“Ah! Why what’s happening?” I was thinking the recent rain brought back the frogs and my neighbours were kindly trying to stop it coming in.
Don’t open your door!” scrabble bash scrabble
“Auntie Kate! Open your door, open your door, it’s entered inside!”
What has?!”
“It’s a RAT!”
EEEEEEEEEEEE!”

Why these things insist on happening when I’m semi dressed I don’t know, but it was an interesting start to the day: me jumping from bed to chair and back wearing big yellow pants with a donkey on the front and my two neigbours, bums in the air, bashing around my room with brooms!