Saturday, February 18, 2006

What a package!

I am truly privileged! First my 4 incredible xmas parcels from most excellent of friends and family, and now this – an inbetween xmas & easter bumper parcel!
Giant pants, long fluffy monkey socks, exploded cream eggs, chocolate chocolate and more chocolate (mini-eggs - oh sweet heaven!), a Frisbee, hand cream, rocket balloons (I always seem to succeed only in blowing up my own head rather than the balloon)…….. what a package!

Most amusing was the customs officer’s face when I opened it for his perusal at the post office. ‘But what is this?” he asked, handling the Frisbee. I wondered – are Frisbees forbidden items? I didn’t think so, but how to explain? ‘It’s a game. You throw it’. ‘Crazy odd oyibo’ said custom man’s eyebrows as they rose to meet his hairline.

One glimpse of the giant pants and he’d seen enough. ‘It’s ok, it’s ok. Close it now….’

2 Comments:

At 18 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, it is so much fun going through your blog. Keep it up, I hope you are having a fair share of fun in Naija. Well, I am Nigerian here in UK, and your blog brings much pictures back to me.

 
At 20 February, 2006, Blogger KT said...

Thanks! Glad you enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home